This article will help you to understand the process of setting up visual voicemail on your iPhone. Visual voicemail helps you to record messages from callers. This means if you are unable to pick up your phone due to any situation, then the caller can record his or her message to your phone. This is very helpful as you can then just listen to it without calling them back.
As we know the iPhone could prove to be a little difficult to handle and perform. There are a few processes that can create a problem. Therefore today in this article we will help you with the process of setting up visual voicemail on your iPhone. Along with setting up the visual voicemail, you may also have other issues related to it so we will help you with that as well.
Set Up Visual Voicemail
This is the basics of what you need to do in order to set up visual voicemail on your iPhone. This will allow your callers to record a message for you in case you don’t pick up the call. Follow this process step by step:
- Go to your Phone App.
- Tap on the option “Voicemail” which will be on the bottom of the page.
- Now, tap set up now.
- You will now be asked to create a password. Tap on done once you have created the password.
- Re-enter your password to confirm it. Tap done.
- Now you will have to choose your greeting. It comes in two options “Default” and “Custom.”
- If you choose “Custom”, you will have to record a message for your callers.
- Finally Click on “Save.”
After this process is completed you will start receiving voicemails from your callers. It will create a list of visual voicemails with time and caller id. You can then choose which one you want to hear and which you wish to delete. Now if you wish to transfer your current voicemails to a new phone. There is a process for that too.
Transfer Your Existing Voicemails
Now you will need to perform this process only if you are changing your phone due to some reason. If you are going to change your phone number then this process won’t be helpful. As your visual voicemail is connected with your number so if you change your phone it can be transferred to your new phone as well. Follow the following steps to complete the process.
- Go to the phone app again and tap on voicemail
- Tap on “Set up now.”
- Now you must have created your password so this time you need to enter the same password in order to transfer your old voicemails to this phone.
- You can then either keep the default greeting or record your personal greeting for your callers.
This will help you transfer all your voicemails to your new phone. You must also know that if you forget the password you set, then there is no way you can transfer your visual voicemail. In order to reset your password you will have to contact your carrier. This may also mean that you will lose your saved voicemails. So we would recommend you to save your password somewhere just in case.
Not Able To Set Up Visual Voicemail?
Now, it may not always be the case that you will be able to perform the above mentioned process. This is because you may not have the voicemail feature on your particular numbers. Yes, this is possible. Therefore you may not see the “Set up now ” option on your voicemail. In case you are sure that you do have the voicemail feature on your number then the following steps will help you to fix the issue. Each step mentioned below may help you with your problem.
- The most important aspect to look for is that your iPhone must be upto date.
- Check for your carrier update. You can check it by going to settings > general > about. Once you are on that page an update request must pop-up.
- You must check your network signal.
- If nothing works, you can always reset the network settings and it may fix your problem. To do this go to settings > general > reset and then tap on the option “reset network settings.”
Reminder, this is not a process. These are the 4 methods which you could try in case you are not able to set up visual voicemail on your iPhone.
How To Confirm The Success of This Process?
This section will help you in different ways to re-check your visual voicemail on your iPhone. Below are the ways that will ensure that your voicemail set-up was successful.
- If you have more than 1 cellular plan. Switch to your other plan and try calling on this one.
- You can dial your own number and call. You should get the option of recording a voicemail for yourself as well.
- You can use your friend’s phone to check your voicemail.
- Go to your keypad and long press 1. This will provide you a check on your missed voicemails.
Using these 4 ways you will get to know that you were able to successfully set-up your visual voicemail. Voicemails are a good option in case of emergencies. You can just leave the message if the receiver fails to pick up your call. He or she will then be notified for the same.
This brings us to the end. That was all about setting up visual voicemail on your iPhone. The process for android would be different so keep that in mind. The operating system on the iPhone is different. Keeping that in mind, this was the complete process as well as the troubles you may face.
You should also know how to check your voicemail. Therefore we provided complete information revolving around this topic. Hope you found our article useful and were able to solve your problem. The comment section below is a way through which you can reach us with your doubts. Thank You.